Sunday 23 March 2008

Why you should never buy anything from Curry's.

Ask any computer or hi-fi geek (I include myself here) and they will tell you to never ever buy anything from DSG which owns amongst others Curry's and PCWorld.

Why, I hear your ask...because they really haven't a clue about anything they sell other than what's on that wee card sitting in front of the product.

Case in point, today I was shopping around for a new flat screen TV and being the expert haggler decided to nip into the above mention den of ignorance to negotiate a deal.

The ensuing conversation twixt the salesperson and I went something along the lines of......

Me, "Hi, I'm looking for a 26 inch flat screen TV for my bedroom, what deals can you give me"
Salesperson "Well, we have this 32 inch model for £599"

Me, "Ah..., that would be excellent if it were 6 inches smaller"
Salesperson "So you're looking for a 20 inch model?"

At that point I decided, before he pointed me in the direction of a Dyson, to take my leave.

[Note from author - The above scene happened in Curry's, Argyle Street, Glasgow.....don't say you weren't warned now]

Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment